With Baby LB on the way, I have been meaning to make a lot of crock pot meals to freeze ahead of time and make the dinners a bit easier for those first few weeks. But, I need to kick my tail into high gear — seeing as though we thought she was going to make her appearance yesterday!
So I thought, I might as well share some of my favorite crock pot freezer meals with you!
You know me, I love simple. So anytime I can simplify dinner time, I am all for it! That’s why I love crock pot meals, especially ones that have been made ahead. All you have to do is reach into your freezer, dump it into your crock pot, and feed your family! You have to cut the crock pot on at some point in between those steps of course, preferably before the feed your family step (;
There are literally thousands of make ahead, freezer crock pot meals on Pinterest; but, my family is SUPER picky. I swear the kids literally feed off of my husband. If he makes even the slightest face at a piece of food, it’s all over! They wont touch it, he wont touch it, and I refuse to touch the spatula again… for the 50th time. It’s a never ending cycle in our house.
So, when I find meals that they all actually like (HALLELUJAH!!) I save that recipe and stash that bad boy away so I won’t lose it.
Here are a few recipes, that work in our house of picky eaters, that saves me time, money, and my freaking sanity!
Crock Pot Freezer Meals:
1. Cream Cheese Chicken Chili
I have to literally hide the cream cheese tub before my husband sees it, but what he doesn’t know wont kill him… at least it hasn’t yet…
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Can Corn, not drained
- 1 Can Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Pkg. Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 T Cumin
- 1 t Chili Powder
- 1 t Onion Powder
- Place all the ingredients in a freezer bag, seal, and mix. Stick in the freezer and you’re done!
- Add 8 oz of cream cheese
- Cook on low 6-8 hours
- Serve over rice, with tortillas, or taco shells
2. Pepper Steak
- 2 lb Beef Round Steak, sliced against the grain
- 1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes, or 2 Cans Crushed Tomatoes
- 2 Green Peppers, sliced
- 1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
- 2 t Sugar
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- 1 t Ground Ginger
- Split the ingredients between two freezer bags, seal, mix, and freeze!
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours
- Serve over hot buttered rice
3. Newlywed Beef Tips
- 2lb Beef Stew Meat
- 23 oz French Onion Soup
- 1 Large Pkg Frozen Broccoli (optional)
- Split the ingredients between two freezer bags, seal, mix, and freeze.
- Add 2 cups of water
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours
- Mix in broccoli 30 minutes before it’s done
- Serve over hot noodles or rice with fresh parmesan
4. Sweet Teriyaki Chicken
- 1 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 t Garlic Salt
- 1/2 Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken Breast
- Place all the ingredients into a freezer bag, mix, and freeze
- Thaw in fridge for 24 hours
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 7-8 hours
- Serve over rice (I’m beginning to think my family needs to cut back on the rice…)
5. Creamy Ranch Pork Chops and Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lbs Pork Chops, boneless (about 4-6 chops, thick sliced)
- 6-8 Medium Potatoes, chopped into large pieces
- 2 Cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 (1 oz each) Pkg. Dry Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 Cup Milk
- Dried Parsley to Sprinkle on Top (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together the soups, milk, and ranch dressing packets.
- Pour into a freezer bag, add all other ingredients, mix, and freeze
GASP! TWO steps?! How dare they!
- Thaw in fridge for 24 hours (I’ve cooked without thawing before and it turned out fine!)
- Cook on HIGH for 3-4 hours or LOW for 6-7 hours
- Use the extra sauce in the slow cooker as gravy for the potatoes and the pork chops
- Sprinkle with parsley if you want
6. Pineapple Glazed Ham
- 4 Thick Slices of Boneless Ham, full cooked
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 (20 oz) Can Crushed Pineapple, do not drain
- 2 T Djon Mustard (optional)
- Place all the ingredients inside a freezer bag, mix, and freeze
Now this is more like it!
- Thaw in the fridge for 24 hours
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours and LOW for 5-6 hours
These are my most used freezer crock pot meals (that I need to get off my, 9 months pregnant, behind and make!!) I hope you enjoy them (:
Let me know if you have some freezer crock pot meals that you enjoy making. I’m always up for trying new, simple meals! Comment below!